- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- Various start dates
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 2 years
This SVQ Playwork Level 9 course is ideal for you if you are working as a manager or lead playwork practitioner with children and young people. You must demonstrate your competence to manage a playwork setting, to implement and develop playwork theories and practice, and to support staff and colleagues.
What will I learn?
- Reflect On and Develop Practice
- Leadership and Management Knowledge and Skills
- Manage and Develop Play Facilities and Services
- Implement Contemporary Frameworks in a Play Context
- Research, Design and Facilitate Possibilities for Self-Directed Play
- Operational Planning.
There will be on-site assessment and you will be required to compile a portfolio of evidence
Jobs and further study
On completion of the SVQ 4 in Playwork, you will have the opportunity to progress on to the PDA Childhood Practice at SCQF Level 9.
This qualification will allow you to prove occupational competency and develop their professional development towards the Benchmark Standards for Childhood Practice and registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) as Lead Practitioner/Manager.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- you must be managing a playwork setting
- you must be working at Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) Manager/Lead Practitioner level with responsibility for managing, implementing and evaluating playwork practice.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.