- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- Various start dates
- Qualification Type
- Units only
- Course Type
- 1 Year
This course is for you if you are working within a playwork setting with children and young people as a Playwork Practitioner, as outlined in Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) guidelines. You will be required to build a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate your competence and understanding of playwork theories and practice.
What will I learn?
- Provide a Child-centred Play Space
- Promote the Development of Children and Young People Through Play
- Promote Positive Relationships in the Play Setting
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing of Children and Young People in the Play Environment
- Working with Colleagues
- Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Reflect and Develop Practice.
There will be on-site assessment and you will be required to prepare a portfolio of evidence.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- you must be in employment or volunteering within a Playwork setting
- you must be working at playwork practitioner level with responsibility for planning, implementing and evaluating playwork practice
applications are also invited from those without formal qualifications but who have relevant life and/or work experience.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Employer and industry links
You must be in employment or volunteering within a playwork setting in order to enrol on this course.
Jobs and further study
- you will have the opportunity to progress to SVQ Playwork at SCQF Level 9 or the PDA Childhood Practice at SCQF Level 8
- you will be able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council as a support practitioner and work within a playwork or childcare workplace.