SVQ Social Services and Healthcare at SCQF Level 6
- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- Various start dates
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 2 years
This course is for you if you work in residential, day or home care settings and normally carry out direct caring tasks, including personal care. You will be required to compile a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate understanding of theory, principles and practices.
This course has flexible start dates.
What will I learn?
- Health and Safety
- Safeguarding and Wellbeing of Individuals
- Developing Your Own Knowledge and Practice
- Two Optional Units to be selected.
There will be on-site assessment and you will be required to compile a portfolio of evidence.
Jobs and further study
- You could progress to SVQ Social Services and Healthcare at SCQF Level 7, if you gained a care worker post with a higher level of responsibility, or to the HNC Social Care.
- You will be able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council as a support practitioner and be employed as a Home Carer, Healthcare Support Worker or Social Service Support Worker.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- you must be in employment within a social service, social care or healthcare setting
- your current job role must include a range of skilled, varied, primarily routine tasks for which you have some responsibility. Your job role should also include some non-routine tasks.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.