SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) Level 6
- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- Various start dates
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 2 years
This SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) Level 6 is the course for you if you work in residential, day or home care settings, family support, nursery or education settings. You will be required to compile a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate your understanding of theory, principles and practices.
What will I learn?
- Health and Safety
- Safeguarding of Children and Young People
- Developing Your Own Knowledge and Practice
- Two optional units to be selected.
There will be on-site assessment and you will be required to compile a portfolio of evidence.
Jobs and further study
- You could progress to SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) at SCQF Level 7, if you gained a care worker post with a higher level of responsibility, or to HNC Social Care or HNC Early Education and Childcare.
- You will be able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council as a support practitioner and be employed in a setting working with children and young people such as residential childcare support worker, nursery or early years support practitioner.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- You must be employed within a social service, social care or healthcare setting to enrol on this course.
- you must be in employment within a social service, social care or healthcare setting
- your current job role must include a range of skilled, varied, primarily routine tasks for which you have some responsibility. Your role should also include some non-routine tasks.
If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.