Flexible Workforce Development Fund - Now open
Your organisation can receive up to £15,000 of free training
Are you an Apprenticeship Levy payer?
The Scottish Government has introduced again the Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) to provide employers with workforce development training to up-skill and re-skill their existing workforce. Employers paying the Apprenticeship Levy can apply to the Flexible Workforce Development Fund.
- Appreticeship Levy paying employers in Scotland have the flexibility to choose the training they need
- Employers can use the fund to address priority skills gaps
- Employers can access training in high-quality learning environments available in Scotland's colleges
- Engage and motivate existing employees by offering them high-quality training to bring the greatest benefits to your organisation
- The FWDF is available to all levy-paying employers in Scotland across the private, public and third sectors
- Each levy-paying employer can access up to a maximum of £15,000 in 2019
- The FWDF can be used as part-contribution towards training of a higher cost
- Employers may submit only one application to the fund within the application period.
- Employers, if eligible, may be able to allocate part of their FWDF allocation to up to two subcontractors they work with.
- The FWDF is in addition to apprenticeship support which all employers are eligible to access in Scotland
- The FWDF will not support provision of qualifications or training required by legislation
- An application template is available from the College and must be submitted via the College.
An application template is available from the College and must be submited via the College. Training should be contractually agreed by 31 July 2020 and should commence by 31 August 2020. It must be delivered and completed by 31 December 2020.
The College will allocate funds on a first-come-first-served basis so contact our team for some friendly help and advice on accessing the Flexible Workforce Development Fund. Find out more
Tel: 0141 272 3308, 0141 272 3292 or 0141 272 3335