Student Digital Resources Provision Privacy Notice
Glasgow Clyde College takes its data protection responsibilities seriously. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to inform you how we will process your personal information, setting out our responsibilities and obligations as a Data Controller.
The Data Controller for your information is Glasgow Clyde College, 690 Mosspark Road, Cardonald, Glasgow, G52 3AY, registered with the ICO, registration number Z7497735.
All your personal information will be treated in accordance with data protection law including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For any queries or concerns about how your personal data is being processed you can contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
The College will use your personal data for the following purpose(s):
Your personal information is being used for the purposes of delivering and collecting ICT equipment to enable you to continue on with your learning and teaching during the Covid-19 pandemic. We collect only your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number as provided to the College by you only for this single purpose.
Our lawful basis for using the data is/are:
- the individual has given consent to the processing of their personal data that can be withdrawn at any time
- necessary for the performing a task in the public interest or under official authority vested in us
If you were to withhold the personal information we require for this process, the consequences would be:
- Unable to provide Digital Resources during the period that the College has been closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Your data will, or may, be shared with the following recipients or categories of recipient:
- Daisy Communications
- Invest IT Ltd
- Taxi Service for Collection
This process does not involve your data being sent outside of the European Union. However, these organisations may, under very specific circumstances, share your information outside of the European Union in order to provide their services. Where this occurs, adequate safeguards are in place to protect your data. You should refer to their Privacy Notices for further details.
The processing of your data does not involve automated decision making.
Your data will be retained for the following length of time:
Related Privacy Notice(s):
Under data protection law, you have legal rights in relation to your information, including:
- your right to be informed of how your data is being processed, (as in this privacy notice);
- your right to access and obtain a copy of your data on request, often referred to as a subject access request;
- your right to ask an organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- your right to ask an organisation to delete or stop processing your data under certain circumstances;
- your right to object to the processing of your data under certain circumstances;
- your right to data portability and in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. Further details about your privacy rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website www.ico.org.uk
If you would like further information about how your personal data is processed by the College or you have any concerns, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied with the response, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office using their website https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ by email: email@example.com or by phone on 0303 123 1113. Alternatively, you can write to:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
We review our privacy notices regularly.