Secure Cycle Shelter Privacy Notice
Glasgow Clyde College takes its data protection responsibilities seriously. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to inform you how we will process your personal information, setting out our responsibilities and obligations as a Data Controller.
The Data Controller for your information is Glasgow Clyde College, 690 Mosspark Road, Cardonald, Glasgow, G52 3AY, registered with the ICO, registration number Z7497735.
All your personal information will be treated in accordance with data protection law including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For any queries or concerns about how your personal data is being processed you can contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
The College will use your personal data for the following purpose(s):
- To provide you with access to our secure cycle shelter.
Our lawful basis for using the data is/are:
- necessary for the performance of a contract between the College and the individual
If you were to withhold the personal information we require for this process, the consequences would be:
- You would be unable to access the secure cycle shelter.
You will provide your personal data on a paper form. This information will then be uploaded to a database, held on our College system. Paper forms will also be scanned and then immediately shredded. Microsoft provides our main IT infrastructure, with data processed in Europe.
Your data will be retained electronically for a maximum of 1 year after you stop using the secure cycle shelter. Paper documents are shredded immediately after data is uploaded electronically.
Your data will be retained for the following length of time:
- A maximum of 1 year after you stop using the secure cycle shelter.
Related Privacy Notice(s): Glasgow Clyde College Student Privacy Notice Glasgow College Staff Privacy Notice
Under data protection law, you have legal rights in relation to your information, including:
- your right to be informed of how your data is being processed, (as in this privacy notice);
- your right to access and obtain a copy of your data on request, often referred to as a subject access request;
- your right to ask an organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- your right to ask an organisation to delete or stop processing your data under certain circumstances;
- your right to object to the processing of your data under certain circumstances;
- your right to data portability and in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. Further details about your privacy rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website www.ico.org.uk
If you would like further information about how your personal data is processed by the College or you have any concerns, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) in the first instance at email@example.com
If you are dissatisfied with the response, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office using their website https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0303 123 1113. Alternatively, you can write to:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
We review our privacy notices regularly.