Industrial Action

Skip to Content

Visa Requirements

If you are a national from outside the European Economica Area (EEA) or Switzerland, and would like to study at Glasgow Clyde College, you will require a short-term study visa.

This visa is suitable if you are:

  • You are studying a short course in the UK
  • Are over 18 years old
  • You can show that you have enough money to pay course fees and living costs (or provide evidence that you will be supported by relatives or friends). Visiting on a short-term study visa will mean you will not be allowed to take paid work or apply for public funds

How long can I stay?

When applying for a short-term study visa, there are two designated periods whch you can apply for - 6 months and 11 months.

A six month short term study visa will be suitable for any short course (including English language courses), or a short period of research.

An 11 month (44 weeks) short-term study visa is only available to studying an English language course. To apply for either length of visa, you must be over 18 years old. Please note that the short-term study visa cannot be extended.

In order to successfully secure a short-term study visa, you will need to provide the following:

  • Proof of acceptance onto a short course at a recognised place of study (like Glasgow Clyde College).
  • Proof of financial resource to support yourself without working or public funds for the duration of your stay, as well as resource for onward or return travel after you have completed your course.

You will also be required to provide documentation such as valid travel identification, information about your course, previous certificates from study and other supporting evidence.

Applying for a Study Visa

To find out more about a short-term study visa, applying and the full list of documentation required, please visit the official UK government site.