ESOL Transitions - Computing
- Cardonald Campus
- Start Date
- 24 Aug 2020
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 19 weeks
This is a part-time course designed for non-native speakers of English who are interested in a career in the Information and Technology (IT) sector.
What will I learn?
Please note: this is not an ESOL Programme.
- Cisco Networking Academy – IT essentials
- Programming essentials in Python
- Employability units (SCQF level 5)
- Personal development units (SCQF level 5)
- Complete a work placement.
Employer and industry links
You will complete work placements and develop your knowledge of career paths and employment opportunities.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- ESOL Intermediate 1 (minimum of 2 units achieved) and IELTS 4.5
- You will have an interest in working in the computing sector
- You will be required to provide evidence of current English level and you may be required to do an assessment to ensure you are offered a class at the correct level.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
When you apply, you will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
- Selection will be by meeting minimum entry requirements, attending an information session followed by an interview and assessment of qualifications plus evidence of residency.
- The process will consist of an information session, interview and if required a skills test to ascertain English level. Proof of qualifications and residency must be supplied before an offer can be made.
- Interviews will take place within 4 weeks of applying.
- You will be informed of the outcome of the interview within 10 working days. You will be contacted by email unless you have informed the interviewer of another method you would like to be contacted by.
- Once an offer is received, you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
- If a place is unavailable at your campus of first choice, you may be offered a place at one of our other campuses and you must respond to this within the timescale above.
- Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information on student funding, joining instructions and induction date.