- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 22 Aug 2022
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- Short Full-Time
- 18 weeks
Courses starting in August 2023 will open for applications on Monday 16th January 2023.
Gateway to College is a short full-time, Level 4 course. You will develop a wide range of skills and achieve a skills-based qualification which you can use to progress to other further education courses, training or employment.
This course focuses on your core skills of communication and numeracy, you will also do a basic introduction to British Sign Language. These are all essential to achieve career goals and are sought after by employers. You will also be able to access support to help you to understand which career you are best suited to.
What will I learn?
- Core skills: Communication and numeracy
- British Sign Language - an introduction
- Personal development
- You will do projects that will help you explore different industries and college course options in order to create a plan that fits your goals.
Entry requirements (minimum)
No formal qualifications are required for this course, however, if you already have Level 4 qualifications in English and Maths this course is not suitable for you.
The selection process will be:
- Attending an information session
- A successful interview
Jobs and further study
If you successfully complete this course, you may progress to Level 4 or 5 courses in January at Glasgow Clyde College. Support with CVs, Job Search and interviews for progression into employment is available and you may get the opportunity to complete projects and develop your knowledge of career paths and employment opportunities.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
Application forms will be acknowledged.
Selection for interview will depend on the quality of application form, so please ensure that your form is fully completed and detailed. The form should give information about your qualifications, interests and personal attributes.
If selected for interview, you will be asked to attend an information session. If after the information session you wish to continue with the interview process you will be invited to an individual interview
You will be informed of the result of your interview within 10 working days of interview.
You will either receive:
- An Unconditional offer - you have met the entry requirements and a place is yours
- A conditional offer- your will have a place providing you meet the conditions stated in your offer e.g satisfactory reference. As soon as we receive your reference your offer will then be changed to an unconditional offer.
- Waiting list – Unfortunately the course is full, but if any spaces become available you will be contacted, usually around the course start date.
- Unsuccessful – You have not met the entry requirements and are advised to contact Student Services to discuss alternative options.
Once you have received an offer you must reply and accept this offer within 10 working days or risk losing your place.