- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date & time
- Various start dates
- Qualification Type
- Other non-advanced qual
- Course Type
- 5 days training plus assessments (duration will vary depending on assessments required)
This course is for experience gas operatives who wish to undertake commercial gas work and is designed to test your gas safety competence if you are intending to extend the domestic natural gas work range to include commercial natural gas work range, through practical knowledge and an assessment.
What will I learn?
- Charateristics of combustion and the use of flue gas analysis equipment
- Operation and positioning of emergency equipment/appliance burner
- Checking and setting commercial equipment/applianceburner pressures
- Operation and checking of commercial appliances, gas safety devices and controls
- Commercial appliance/equipment flueing requirements
- Re-establishing existing gas supply and re-light commercial appliances.
Example Training Programme:
Day 1 - COCN1 (Non-Domestic Core Gas Safety)
Day 2 - COCN1 (Non-Domestic Core Gas Safety)
Day 3 - TPCP1A and TPCP1 (Tightness testing and direct purging of installation below and above 1m3)
Day 4 - CIGA1, CDGA1 and ICPN1 (Indirect and direct gas fired appliance and Installation Pipework)
Day 5 - CORT1 and BMP1 (Overhead radiant heaters and Gas boosters)
These days are for training only, assessments are normally over 3-5 days out with the training. Assessment dates cover initial assessment, reassessment or changeover
Entry requirements (minimum)
Core Domestic Gas Safety qualification (CCN1)
Jobs and further study
This qualification, or the Core Commercial Gas Safety qualification (COCN1) is a pre-requisite to undertaking commercial appliances and testing and purging asessments.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.