- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 24 Aug 2020
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year (August to June)
Applications for this course are now closed.
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in the Beauty Therapy and/or Make-up industry.
You will learn basic skills in beauty therapy and make-up and gain the necessary qualification to progress onto further study within this field of work.
What will I learn?
- Applying Practical Skills
- Beauty: Drawing and Colouring Design Skills
- Facial Skin Care
- Day Make-up and Basic Corrective Make-up
- Bridal and Evening Make-up
- Portfolio Presentation
- Face Painting
- Nail Art
- Artificial Nails, Tips and Overlays
- Creative Make-up Look for the Catwalk
Employer and industry links
You will be offered training workshops with skincare and make-up brands such as Thalgo professional face and body skin care, Ishga organic skincare and Gerrards International.
Within the commercial experience unit, there are opportunities to work within Beauty with a Conscience on Battlefield Road, adjacent to the Langside Campus.
Jobs and further study
With the required Beauty Therapy qualifications, you will be able to find employment in a beauty salon, spa, cruise ships or progress onto further study.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- You must be 16 years or over before the course start date
- Three National 4s (including English) or equivalent
- NPA (level 4) Beauty Skills
- VTCT Level 2 or 3 Complementary Therapies.
- Adult returners considered for interview without former qualifications.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, the interviewee may discuss an alternative Beauty Therapy course with you.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application.
Recruitment for this course is in one stage:
- Information group session and one to one interview
This session may last up to two hours.
At this stage you will be given:
- Overview of the course and content
- Written test
- A department tour
- One to one interview
- Paperwork to request Additional Learning Support if required, for example, a scribe for written test.
You must bring:
- Photocopied proof of qualifications held or pending (for example, if you are still at school)
- A reference from either school, college, employment.
The criteria for acceptance onto the course includes completing a successful interview by demonstrating good communication skills, achieving a minimum test score at interview, demonstrating a good knowledge of written English on the written test paper and scoring excellent or very good on reference.
If successful, you will be offered:
- A conditional place (if awaiting school qualifications) or
- An unconditional place
You should respond to the offer quickly to secure a place.
After receiving the offer, you have up to 10 working days to accept or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, an e-mailed with further information on student funding, joining instructions and induction times with be sent. Please ensure you look out for this information and contact us if you do not receive anything before the course starts.