- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 22 Aug 2022
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year (August to June)
Courses starting in August 2023 will open for applications on Monday 16th January 2023.
NQ Beauty Care and Make-up (Level 5) is an exciting and excellent introduction for anyone wanting a career in the beauty therapy or make-up industry at a junior level, or entry to higher level courses.
What will I learn?
You will learn basic skills in beauty therapy for face, body, nails, make-up techniques and related subjects to NC level.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- You must be 16 years or over before the course start date AND
- Three National 4s (including English) or equivalent; OR
- NPA (Level 4) Beauty Skills; OR
- VTCT Level 2 or 3 Complementary Therapies.
- Adult returners considered for interview without former qualifications.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, the interviewee may discuss an alternative Beauty Therapy course with you.
Employer and industry links
There are opportunities to undertake additional training workshops with professional skincare and make-up brands, such as Ishga skincare.
Within the commercial experience unit, there are opportunities to work within Beauty with a Conscience on Battlefield Road, adjacent to the Langside Campus.
Jobs and further study
With the required Beauty Therapy qualifications, you will be able to find employment in a beauty salon, spa, cruise ships or progress onto further study.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application (remember to check your junk/SPAM folder if you do not hear from us).
Recruitment for this course will be via Microsoft Teams or on campus if appropriate.
- Information group session and one to one interview. This session may last up to an hour.
At this stage you will be given:
- Overview of the course and content
- Directions to a virtual department tour
- One to one interview
- Directions to request Additional Learning Support if required, for example, a scribe for written test.
You must email:
- Proof of qualifications held or pending (for example, if you are still at school) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The criteria for acceptance onto the course includes completing a successful interview by demonstrating good communication skills, achieving a minimum test score at interview and demonstrating a good knowledge of English communication.
If successful, you will be offered:
- A conditional place (if awaiting school qualifications) or
- An unconditional place
You should respond to the offer quickly to secure a place.
After receiving the offer, you have up to 14 days to accept or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, an e-mailed with further information on student funding, joining instructions and induction times with be sent. Please ensure you look out for this information and contact us if you do not receive anything before the course starts.