This Baking & Cake Decorating Intermediate course will give you the skills and techniques to bake and decorate your cake using different fillings and finishes and will take your baking and decorating skills to the next level.
This Cake Decoration course at Glasgow Clyde College is suitable for those who have completed the beginner's Baking and Cake Decoration course.
What will I learn?
In this Baking & Cake Decorating Intermediate course, you'll be taught a variety of skills and techniques which may include but are not limited to:
- How to bake (lemon sponge, Red velvet, Cupcakes and marble cake)
- Filling variations (Buttercream, lemon filling, Chocolate filling, cream cheese filling)
- How to cut and shape the cakes,
- How to cover heart, Handbag and Pizza shape cake with fondant and buttercream
- How to arrange a cupcakes bouquet
- Decorating techniques
- How to follow the template
- Piping techniques
Cake Decoration themes will vary throughout the year and will be based on seasonal events ie. Halloween, Christmas, Springtime
Note: All Ingredients, equipment and recipe books will be provided.
You'll be taught by Fathima who, as well as being a full-time lecturer in Craft Baking and Cake Decoration, has had her work displayed at national and international events and online.
Fathima is an Award winner of the SQA Star Awards 2019, Cake International Cup Cake Awards 2021 and Ideal Home Show Cake Competition 2022 & 2023.