This course is designed to introduce you to Sport and Exercise training at a basic level which will prepare you for entry to NC Sport and Fitness (January start). You will gain practical skills and experience in a variety of sports and exercise contexts.
What will I learn?
You will learn and take part in a variety of theoretical and practical sports and exercise subjects including:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Indoor Sports including Basketball, Volleyball, Swimming, including GB coaching awards where appropriate
- Core Skills (National 4/5)
Employer and industry links
The College has good industry links with Glasgow Life and private fitness and health providers throughout Glasgow.
Jobs and further study
- Introduction to Sport and Fitness (January start)
- NQ Sport and Fitness Level 5 or 6.
Entry requirements (minimum)
You do not require any formal academic entry qualifications, however, an active interest in sport and exercise is essential.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
- Selection will be by information session and interview
- Interviews will take place between February and August.
Once an offer is received you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
If a place is unavailable at your campus of your first choice, you may be offered a place at one of our other campuses and you must respond to this within the timescale above.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information on student funding, joining instructions and induction date.