This Baking & Cake Decorating Beginners course is fun, informative and will give you the skills and techniques to bake and decorate your cake using different fillings and finishes.
What will I learn?
In this Baking & Cake Decorating Beginners course, you'll be taught a variety of skills and techniques which may include but are not limited to:
- How to bake cakes (sponge, chocolate cake, coffee cake and cupcakes)
- Different fillings (buttercream, coffee cream and ganache)
- How to cover a cake with fondant, ganache and Royal icing
- Floral cupcakes
- Decorating techniques
- How to decorate a cake with moulded chocolate and chocolate-dipped fruits
- Fondant flowers and leaves
Note: All Ingredients, equipment and recipe books will be provided.
You'll be taught by Fathima who, as well as being a full-time lecturer in Craft Baking and Cake Decoration, has had her work displayed at national and international events and online.
Fathima is an Award winner of the SQA Star Awards 2019, Cake International Cup Cake Awards 2021 and Ideal Home Show Cake Competition 2022 & 2023.
Entry requirements (minimum)
No formal entry requirements, just enthusiasm and an interest in learning!