This is an exciting new full-time course designed for those wishing to work within the Beauty or Make-up industry. Offering a wide range of Cosmetic application techniques this course prepares the candidate for work in the world of make-up with added design flair for those wishing to enter the world of make-up artistry or beauty.
You will develop creative skills in the application of make-up and learn the basic skills in beauty therapy to progress to further study.
What will I learn?
- Fantasy Make-up
- Beauty: Drawing and Colouring Design Skills
- Facial Skin Care
- Day Make up and Basic Corrective Make-up
- Bridal and Evening Make-up
- Nail Art
- Portfolio Presentation
Employer and industry links
There are opportunities to assist within drama departments to enhance make-up artisitry skills as well as training events/workshops from prestigious make-up brands such as Gerrards Mii make-up.
Work experience will be undertaken within the Beauty with a Conscience shop on Battlefield Road, adjacent to the Langside Campus.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- You must be 16 years or over before the course start date
- Three Standard Grades at Level 4 and above (including English)
- Three Intermediate 1s at Grade C and above (including English)
- Three National 4s (including English)
- NPA Cosmetology
- VTCT Level 2 or 3 Complementary Therapies.
- If you don't have formal qualifications but have relevant life and/or work experience, your application will still be considered.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application.
Recruitment for this course is in two stages:
You will be invited to an information session.
At this stage you will be given:
- course content
- a department tour
- paperwork to request Additional Learning Support if required, for example, a scribe for written test.
You must bring:
- photocopied proof of qualifications held or pending (for example, if you're still at school)
It is essential that you bring these items in order to move on to next stage.
You will be invited to:
- a written task
- one-to-one interview
If successful, you will be offered;
- a conditional place (if awaiting school qualifications) or
- an unconditional place.
You should respond to the offer quickly to secure a place.
Once an offer is received, you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information e.g. student funding, joining instructions, induction date.