SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) Level 7
- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- Various start dates
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year
This SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) Level 7 course is ideal for you if you work in residential, day or home care settings, family support, nursery or education settings. You will be required to compile a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate your understanding of theory, principles and practices.
What will I learn?
- Effective Communication
- Health, Safety and Security
- Safeguarding of Individuals
- Developing Your Own Knowledge and Practice through Reflection and Learning
- Four optional units to be selected.
There will be on-site assessment and you will be required to compile a portfolio of evidence.
Jobs and further study
- The course provides mandatory units and underpinning knowledge which can give credit towards an HNC in Social Care or can add additional units to those undertaken in the HNC Social Care to complete the SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People)
- You will be able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council as a practitioner and be employed in a social service, social care, family support, nursery or education healthcare setting working with children and young people
- You could progress to SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) at SCQF Level 9, if you gained a care worker post with a higher level of responsibility, or to the PDA in Childhood Practice SCQF Level 8.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- You must be employed within a social service, social care or healthcare setting to enrol on this course.
- you must be in employment within a social service, social care or healthcare setting
- your current job role must include a range of complex, primarily non-routine tasks for which you have considerable responsibility and autonomy.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.