This AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Bookkeeping course is an entry-level bookkeeping qualification, ideal for anyone who is seeking an introduction to basic bookkeeping principles and skills.
What will I learn?
This course will equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to manage books effectively – including double entry bookkeeping, and associated documents and processes, up to Trial Balance standard.
On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded an AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping. This internationally recognised AAT qualification enables those working in accounting or those who are looking to pursue accountancy as a career to gain knowledge, practical experience and the all-important certification often sought by employers.
This qualification can be used as a fast track to the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting.
How will I Learn?
All learning will take place via an online platform, with additional resources available on the AAT website. You will be assigned a tutor who will provide support either via email or a video call.
Units of Study
- Introduction to bookkeeping
- Principles of bookkeeping
How will I be assessed?
This course is assessed through a total of two computer-based exams, one taken at the end of each unit.
Course fee: £599 (excluding AAT registration fee and examination fee).
Entry requirements (minimum)
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Previous knowledge of accounting or a Level 1 Bookkeeping qualification would be advantageous but not essential.
Jobs and further study
- On successful completion of this course, you can progress to higher level AAT Accounting Qualifications (Level 3 and then on to Level 4).
- Students completing this Level 2 AAT Certificate in Bookkeeping may wish to go on and complete the full Level 2 AAT Certificate in Accounting. If you do choose to continue your studies in this way, then your achievements in the Bookkeeping qualification are carried over to the longer Accounting qualification.
- The skills and knowledge you will gain throughout this qualification will qualify you for roles including Clerical Assistant, Trainee Bookkeeper, Accounts Clerk, Finance Assistant and Accounts Administrator.