10.30am Ceremony - What will happen on the day?
What will happen on the day?
Registration opens at 8:30am
- On arrival report to the Hunter Halls – this is where registration will take place.
- Register your attendance and obtain your seat number. You must be registered by 9:45am. Please allow at least 15 minutes to register. Please note: students who arrive late will be unable to attend the ceremony.
- Collect your academic gown from the Hunter Halls.
- If you have booked to have your photograph taken, this will take place in the Hunter Halls.
- Following registration you and your guests can make your way to Bute Hall.
- You must be seated in Bute Hall by 10:00am.
- Your guests must be seated by 10:15 am. The doors to Bute Hall will close at the start of the ceremony and no one can be admitted after this point.
The ceremony starts at 10:30am and is usually finished by 12pm.
What will happen if I am late on the day?
Being on time is essential. If you’re late, you will not be able to participate, as the final list of student names will already have been passed to the person presenting the awards on stage.
For further information on attending the Graduation and Awards Ceremony 2023, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.