- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 14 Sep 2020
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 6 weeks
The Prince's Trust, 6 week programme, can help you if you are 16-25, unemployed and/or looking for something new.
You will join a team of other young people to gain new skills, make new friends and improve your job prospects.
There is no cost and it will not impact your benefits.
This course will be a mixture of online learning and face-to-face teaching but only when it is safe to do so.
What will I learn?
If you sign up for the Team programme, you will initially be involved in a range of online projects and activities. You will:
- Build your confidence
- Have fun
- Improve your communication skills
- Learn about managing your mental health and overall wellbeing
- Take part in exciting projects and development opportunities
- Learn about studying at college and using technology
- Build key employability skills
- Learn about your strengths
What's in it for me?
- Weekly catch ups with your Team Leader who will help you plan your next steps!
- You’ll gain new skills and qualifications
- You’ll meet new people
- You’ll learn important digital skills that are crucial for employment
- You’ll get a training allowance and travel allowance as required
- You’ll get a much better chance of moving into a job, education or training
- You’ll get help with job-hunting and writing your CV or help with finding a college course
- The chance to make a difference in your community
- Enhance your citizenship and independent living skills
Employer and industry links
Opportunities to develop and contribute to projects that expand knowledge of potential career paths, local charities and organisations.
You will develop employability links through programme activities to understand career paths and help plan progression routes.
Jobs and further study
- NQ college courses.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- you must attend an online or telephone interview
- you must also be able to commit to the full programme of learning.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
One-to-one interview with Prince’s Trust Team Leader
You will be informed of the outcome of your interview by email, or letter if you have applied using a support service email address, within 2 weeks of your interview.
You will either receive:
An unconditional place: You have met all the entry requirements and your place is guaranteed
You are either not ready for college or the course is not suitable. In this instance we will contact you to discuss alternative options which may be available to you.
You will be informed of the outcome of your interview by email or letter if you have applied using a support service email address within 2 weeks of your interview.
Once an offer is received you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
If a place is unavailable at your campus of first choice, you may be offered a place at one of our other campuses and you must respond to this within the timescale above.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information e.g. Student Funding, Joining Instructions, Kit List, Induction date.