- Langside Campus
- Start Date & time
- 25 Jan 2020 @ Saturday, 12:00 - 14:00
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 8 Weeks
This Introduction to Film Making and Storytelling course offers you the opportunity of becoming familiar with the film making process, learning technical and creative skills and understanding the fundamentals of storytelling in order to bring stories to life.
What will I learn?
The course is designed to cover the core screen crafts such as screenwriting, directing, cinematography, producing and post-production.
It also explores the various techniques of camera, lighting, sound, edition and colour. To create visually and compelling stories for fiction, documentary, episodic productions and spots, exploring the impact of image and sound on creative screen content.
- Discover the role of screenwriter and the stages of story development, script structure and storyboard.
- Visual storytelling – how to use camera to tell a story. To learn what it takes to put it together from idea development to post production.
- Learn about the role of director, including script breakdown and preparing for a shoot using storyboards, script markups and technical floor plans
- Find out about camera techniques including how to frame a shot, shot selection and shooting for the edit. Receive camera training and technical operation skills, including the effect of differing focal length lenses and the principles of shot composition (master short, close-ups and cutaways)
- The foundation of editing.
The course consists of both lectures and practical exercises, giving you an opportunity to put what you learn into practice with a DSLR camera, using a variety of lens and digital devices.