Study with us at Glasgow Clyde College and you will learn all the different elements of the design process and how they work together. You will tackle lots of different design briefs along with technical tutorials that will enable you to grow your skills and expertise. It is our aim to grow your creativity and confidence as a graphic designer and to ensure that you are ready for employment.
The HND Graphic Design course contains a varied mix of units, which are mainly project-based and practical, with a strong emphasis on the design process and sketchbook work. Our dedicated computer studios are kitted out with Macs running the latest industry standard software Adobe CC. In this digital environment you will learn InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
We also have dedicated studio space allowing you the best of both worlds — giving you a place to sketch, paint and get creative.
Areas of study include: Typography, Colour Theory, Design Thinking, Branding, Advertising, Magazine Design, Concept Development, Scanning, Printing, Studio Skills, Web Design, Image Manipulation along with options of Illustration and Animation in first year and Illustration and Web Design in second year.
By the end of our HND Graphics course you will have the knowledge and a portfolio to pursue a career in graphic design. If however you still want to continue your studies to degree level then you could apply for our extremely successful BA(hons) Graphic Design course.
• BA (Hons) Graphic Design at Glasgow Clyde College (students considering this route will require Higher English at C level or above)
• 3rd year entry to BA/BA (Hons) Graphic Design for Digital Media at Glasgow Caledonian University
• 2nd or 3rd year entry to BSc/BA Computer Animation at University of the West of Scotland
• 2nd year entry to BA Visual Communication at Edinburgh College of Art
• BA Graphic Design at University of Cumbria
• BA Communication Design at Glasgow School of Art
• BDes Graphic Design at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art
• BDes Graphic Design at Edinburgh Napier University
• Bsc in Web Design and Development at University of Abertay
• Employment in the graphic design industry
28 August 2017
2 Year(s), August to June
For courses starting in August 2017, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.