Campus Safety and Wellbeing

Now that senior school pupils are wearing face coverings in classrooms are we implementing this in the College? *NEW*

Face coverings for senior phase pupils in teaching settings is an additional precaution in schools. As colleges have 2m physical distancing in classrooms the additional precaution of face coverings is not required.

How long should I isolate for if someone in my household has Covid symptoms?

Is there going to be a signing in/out system on the campuses?

All staff attending a campus should complete the relevant campus online sign-in document available on the staff intranet, on arrival and when leaving. It is essential that staff visiting the campuses comply with this instruction to aid in the event of an emergency.

What happens if someone on campus experiences Covid 19 symptoms?

Should a member of staff or student begin to experience COVID-19 symptoms while on campus, they must leave the premises immediately and return home. They should then call their line manager or lecturer to notify them and contact NHS Inform to book a Covid-19 test. If a positive result is obtained for Covid-19, they should notify their line manager immediately to enable the College to comply with its legal duties in support of the government’s Test and Protect Strategy. Students have been advised of the same process.

Please use the Covid 19 Contact Toolkit if you are contacted by a member of staff or a student.

If I have been tested for Covid-19 when can I come back to work?

Until you have been tested and told if it is safe to leave home you must not come back to campus.

How safe are the campuses?

The continued health, safety and welfare of all staff, students and visitors is our highest priority. Significant work has taken place over the last few months to ensure that our working environment will be as safe as possible. This includes focused cleaning, new signage, one way systems, risk assessments, and compliance with government guidance for the safe re-opening of workplaces post lockdown.

Where do I wear a face covering?

You should wear a face covering in all public areas including corridors, lifts, canteens, toilets, libraries and any communal areas unless you are exempt from wearing one under Scottish Government advice.  If you are exempt it would be useful if you could contact your doctor who may be able to provide you with a lanyard that makes you identifiable as being exempt.  This advice may change depending upon updated public health advice. Please ensure that used face coverings are disposed of appropriately in bins, both on and off campus.

Does the College have sufficient supplies of PPE?

Where risk assessments have identified a requirement for PPE when undertaking relevant tasks, this will be provided.

Are there going to be different entrances and exits to the campus?

All entrances and exits are clearly sign posted and one way systems are in place.

What is the situation in respect of the use of toilets on campus?

Toilet facilities are open and there is a strict cleaning regime in place along with signage for users on health and safety precautions.

What arrangements are being put in place to ensure that the College is properly cleaned and that extra precautions will be put in place?

An increased cleaning protocol for touchpoints throughout the campuses is in place and additional signage to remind staff and students of safe hygiene practices is in place.

Has the College purchased additional hand sanitiser stations?

Additional hand sanitiser stations have been provided around the campuses and everyone on campus is encouraged to use these frequently, both on entering and exiting the building as well as during the time on campus. This is in addition to regular and thorough handwashing.

I have heard that the College is going to be using a sanatising product called Zoono. Is this safe? 

Zoono is a water-based product and has a gentle formulation, the product carries no Hazchem symbols, is readily biodegradable and therefore there is no environmental impact.  The product has been risk assessed and a Safe System of Work created, which will be supported by training for staff.

Will we be utilising divider screens between desks for staff and/or students?

All rooms will be risk assessed to determine any action to be taken to make the rooms safe for use. Social distancing will be in place across the college.

Where can I find our Health and Safety Policy statement on Covid 19?

Our health and safety policy statement on Covid-19 can be found here.

Will I be able to use the shared kitchen facilities when returning to college?

Shared kitchen facilities will be open but maximum occupancy levels on doors must be adhered to. Workroom tea areas remain accessible provided social distancing is maintained at all times.  Shared equipment used (e.g. kettles) should be wiped and disinfected before and after use. Staff should use their own cups, crockery etc. and should not store them in kitchen cupboards. Staff must not congregate in these areas.

Will I be tested for Covid 19 before coming into any of the College buildings or facilities?

Glasgow Clyde College is following Scottish Government guidance on arrangements for Test and Protect. This guidance doesn’t currently require routine College-based testing as part of our reopening activities, but if this guidance changes then testing will be put in place as needed.