Information for students coming on campus
Students MUST NOT be on campus unless they have a specific reason to be on the premises (e.g. a timetabled class, an appointment with a staff member or a booked appointment at the Library.). The continued health, safety and welfare of all staff, students and visitors is our highest priority.
Level 4 restrictions *NEW*
- Glasgow will move to Level 4 of the Scottish Government’s local protection levels from 6pm on Friday 20 November. This is scheduled to last for 3 weeks and means non-essential shops, pubs, restaurants, hairdressers, salons, barbers, gyms and leisure centres will close. Schools, Colleges and Universities will remain open.
- Learning and teaching will be online with an exception for the delivery of critical and time-sensitive learning, assessments and work placements that cannot be delivered remotely or postponed. Your course leader will be in touch with you directly to let you know any changes
- Students should not attend College buildings if they are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms (e.g. a new persistent cough, loss of or change in sense of smell or taste, high temperature or shortness of breath) or have been advised by Test and Protect that they have come into contact with a symptomatic / infected person.
- Should you begin to feel unwell while on campus, please leave the premises immediately and return home. Ring/email your Faculty office or Senior Lecturer to notify them about this development and contact NHS Inform to book a Covid-19 test. If a positive result is obtained for Covid-19, notify your Faculty office or Senior Lecturer immediately to enable the College to comply with its legal duties in support of the government’s Test and Protect Strategy.
- One-way traffic flow systems have been introduced
- Face coverings must be worn in all public areas and when using any lifts (e.g. corridors, hallways, Libraries and toilets)
- LATEST guidance from the Scottish Government states that all staff and students will be required to wear a face covering, unless exempt, during any lessons which take place indoors
- If you do not comply with COVID safety guidance whilst in college we will have no option but to ask you to leave the campus
- Hand sanitiser stations should be used frequently, both on entering and exiting the building as well as during the time on campus. This is in addition to regular and thorough handwashing.
- Increased cleaning regime for the toilet facilities is in place
- Floor markings have been introduced to demarcate most corridors into 2-way traffic lanes
- ‘Give way’ signs are in place, encouraging all users to ensure that effective social distance from others is always maintained.
- In the event of an emergency evacuation, individuals should exit the building promptly by the nearest exit/stairs and when they arrive at the assembly points, they must stand socially distanced apart.
- The use of lifts is restricted to one passenger only (or with their carer) on all campus, except in the Cardonald Main Tower lifts, which can accommodate two passengers at a time due to their larger size.
- Water fountains may only be used to decant water into personal water bottles. All waterspouts have been decommissioned. Students must not drink directly from any water fountain.
- Students who are on campus all day at Anniesland and Langside campuses are encouraged to bring their own packed lunches and may sit in the canteen areas to eat, ensuring social distance is maintained from others/other groups. There are vending machines in the canteens at Anniesland and Langside Campuses with a range of hot drinks, soft drinks, savoury snacks, confectionary and fresh food (sandwiches, wraps, pot noodles - with free hot water from the hot drinks machine), yogurts and fruit available. A canteen service offering breakfast and lunch is available at Cardonald Campus.
- If any equipment must be shared this should be disinfected before and after use. Disinfectant sprays and wipes are provided for this.
- All rooms have maximum occupancy levels. Please do not exceed these limits when on campus.
- Gyms and shower rooms are not open for use at the present time.
- Students MUST NOT congregate in hallways, toilet lobbies and such areas. If you do not comply with COVID safety guidance whilst in college we will have no option but to ask you to leave the campus
- Please return home as soon as possible after your on-campus learning is finished.
- Students should clear their desks/work area of any refuse as they leave the classroom/workshop.