Our response to Covid-19 Staff and Student Q and As
Last updated 20 November 2020
At 6pm on Friday 20 November for a period of three weeks, Glasgow Clyde College will move into Level 4 restrictions across all three of our campuses as per guidance from the Scottish Government.
Please note the following as part of the updated guidance:
- Everyone should continue to follow COVID guidance and the law in relation to social gatherings and travel in their relevant areas (note – travel for the purposes of study and work are legitimate reasons to travel)
- Students should remain in their term-time accommodation, if they are able to. The advice from The First Minister to students is: 'For the moment, please stay in your current accommodation. You will get the chance to return home for Christmas. But by waiting a little longer, we can ensure that you get tested for Covid before you do that. That is the best way of making your return as safe as possible.’ Glasgow Clyde College will be in touch with all students in term-time accommodation within the next seven days to provide the most up-to-date advice
- Learning and teaching will be online with an exception for the delivery of critical and time-sensitive learning, assessments and work placements that cannot be delivered remotely or postponed. Your course leader will be in touch with you directly to let you know any changes.
No students should be attending campus unless specifically instructed to do so by their Faculty or if they have a pre-booked space in a safe study space (e.g at the Library)
- Senior phase school pupils studying at college, where this cannot be delivered remotely or postponed, we will work in partnership with schools, local authorities and public health teams to safely deliver critical and time sensitive provision
- Safe study spaces, such as our libraries will remain open as will the access to PCs and devices. Please continue to use the library booking system
- Thank you to those students who have been adhering to our safety guidance while on campus. If you are coming onto campus please remember the FACTS and ensure that you wear a face covering in all public areas on campus if you are able to do so. Please also remember to maintain strict social distancing guidelines. If you do not comply with COVID safety guidance whilst in college we will have no option but to ask you to leave the campus
- If you need any support during this challenging time please contact our Student Advice Centres, register for our online mental health support Togetherall or call our mental health helpline on 0141 272 3786 from 1pm – 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- Please click here to read a letter to all students from Richard Lochhead, Minister for Further Education, Higher Education and Science
- There is mention in the above letter regarding testing using a lateral flow device but only for students living in term-time accommodation. Glasgow Clyde College are seeking further guidance and will advise in due course
- Please continue to check back to this page for further updates. If you require any immediate guidance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 272 9000
Thank you for your ongoing commitment during this challenging period and we encourage everyone to stay safe.
We have pulled together some Q&As for staff and students, which you can access using the links below.