Embracing Diversity Competition 2017-18
WIN UP TO £400 in retail vouchers!
Closing date: 1 May 2018.
Use your creativity to embrace diversity at Glasgow Clyde College.
Theme and Judging Criteria
The theme for the competition is 'embracing diversity' and the aim is to find the most effective expression and communication of this theme according to the following judging criteria:
- clarity and accessibility of diversity and equality message
- level of effort shown
- originality of concept
- quality of work
- impact on viewer/audience
- scope for awareness raising and promotional work.
Entries can be presented in any format, including:
- a record of relevant community or citizenship activity
- an engineering, energy, science, or nautical concept or project
- an event programme/concept, including community and care, hair and beauty, language, sport, or tourism
- a building, joinery and shop-fitting, painting and decorating, stonemasonry, bricklaying, plastering, or tiling project
- a web page, interactive media, computing program, information database, or blog
- an item of cookery, baking, cake decoration, sugar-craft, or food and beverage service
- a business and enterprise proposal, event vision or logistical plan
- a poem, short story, song, news article, or film/television/radio production (no more than 5 minutes)
- a sculpture, piece of craftwork, furniture, jewellery, glass work, ceramic, 3D design, model, product design, or interior design project
- a piece of graphic design, painting, illustration, poster, pamphlet, banner, photograph, or print.
Entering and Deadline
Students currently registered and attending a course during the 2017-18 session can enter. Each student can submit up to two entries: one individual and one group entry and each entry must be an original piece of work. The piece of work may be related to your course, or may be something completely different.
All entry forms must be submitted by 5pm on Tuesday 1 May 2018.
You are encouraged to submit an entry form and save the file as Online Entry Form_YOUR NAME, e.g. “Online Entry Form_JohnSmith”. However, an alternative print copy is available from the Student Advice Centre and the main reception within each campus.
Electronic forms must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org and printed copies returned to the Student Advice Centre at any campus (by Tuesday 1 May).
What happens next
Students (and supporting staff) should ensure entries are complete and ready for transportation (if applicable) by week commencing Tuesday 8 May 2018 (Monday 7 May is a college holiday).
Students will be contacted with instructions regarding when and where to move their work for judging and display purposes.
Students/supporting staff are responsible for transporting the entries to and from the judging and display space.
Ensure you have clearly written your name, your lecturer’s name, faculty, course title, and entry title on the back of your entry, or have attached these details to clearly identify you before you transport and submit your entry.
Shortlisted entries will be displayed at a special exhibition and ceremony on June 2018 (exact date is to be confirmed), when the winners will be announced
There are three prize levels for Faculty and College winners:
- Faculty Level, Commended: £50*
- Faculty Level, Highly Commended: £75*
- Faculty Level, Winner £100*
- Overall College, Commended: £100*
- Overall College, Highly Commended: £200*
- Overall College, Winner £300*
This means that the overall College winner will win £400!
* All prizes will be given in retail vouchers.
This year, the overall college winners will have the chance to compete across the region with City of Glasgow College and Glasgow Kelvin College.
The prizes for the overall College and Regional winners will be delivered at the Regional Award Ceremony on Thursday 7 June 2018 at Glasgow Clyde College.
Please check this web page regularly for updates regarding the competition, judging panel and exhibition.
Entries must clearly meet the judging criteria to be considered for judging and be of sufficient quality to win a prize. Audio and/or video based entries must not be longer than 5 minutes in duration. Prizes are available for each faculty. Prizes will be given in retail vouchers. Prizes will be shared if the entry is from a group rather than an individual.
The College’s four faculties are:
- Access and Continuing Learning
- Business, Creative and Digital Industries
- Computing, Engineering and the Built Environment
- Health and Wellbeing
By completing the entry form, you accept you have cleared all relevant rights relating to any third party content within your submission. The College reserves the right to make copies of submitted entries, e.g. for marketing and promotion purposes. You will, of course, be acknowledged as the author(s) and the intellectual property rights belong to you.