AutoCAD - an Introduction
- Anniesland Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date & time
- 5 Mar 2019 @ 6.30pm - 9.30pm
- Qualification Type
- Units only
- Course Type
- 12 Weeks
This beginners course is suitable for conference hall organisers, architectural technicians, engineers, designers, facilities planners, drafters, students and anyone who will be involved in editing drawings created by other people.
This hands-on course will teach you the skills and knowledge required to produce 2D drawings. Learn how to use the features, commands, and techniques for creating, editing, and printing drawings.
What will I learn?
This SQA unit covers:
- drawing setup
- template files
- drawing concepts
- 2D drawing commands
- HN unit content
- file handling procedures within the operating system and the CAD package
- use the CAD package to set up a 2D CAD drawing environment
- produce a 2D CAD drawing using the CAD package and plot the drawing to an appropriate scale
- edit an existing 2D CAD drawing using the CAD package and plot the drawing to an appropriate scale.
This course is eligible for Individual Training Account (ITA) funding.
To find out more or to apply, visit myworldofwork.co.uk
Entry requirements (minimum)
Some knowledge of Engineering as evidenced by NQ/HNC qualification or by occupational experience. Some previous experience of using PCs is required.