CMI Diploma Principles of Management and Leadership (Distance Learning)
- SCQF Level
- Start Date & time
- Various start dates
- Qualification Type
- Other advanced qual
- Course Type
- 9 months (approx.)
These qualifications are aimed at practising or aspiring managers who will supervise or manage a team to achieve clearly defined outcomes. They will set and monitor goals and objectives by providing instruction, direction and guidance. Day to day operational and project activities are a key part of their role.
This qualification gives managers the communication and motivational skills to help improve operational efficiency.
The units provide a broader knowledge of skills to help you be more effective in specific management areas, with increased focus on the areas that are most appropriate to you and your workplace.
What will I learn?
CMI Level 3 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership Learners must complete any combination of units to a minimum of 370 TUT (Total Unit Time) hours to achieve this qualification. Each unit is assessed via online written assignments marked by a tutor. The college recommends the following 8 units:
- CMI 301 Principles of Management and Leadership
- CMI 302 Managing a Team to Achieve Results
- CMI 303 Managing Individuals to be Effective in their Role
- CMI 304 Principles of Communication in the Workplace
- CMI 306 Principles of Equality, Diversity and Inclusive Working Practice
- CMI 307 Developing the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of Individuals and Teams
- CMI 312 Managing Daily Activities to Achieve Results
- CMI 321 Managing Own Personal and Professional Development
The qualifications have been designed for practising or aspiring managers in roles such as:
- Team Leader
- Project Officer
- Shift Manager
The course is delivered distance learning with 121 remote support visits from the tutor as required.
Entry requirements (minimum)
Entry is at the discretion of the centre.