This NQ Introduction to Business and Digital Skills course is designed for those who are new to office administration and IT packages. It is also appropriate for those who would like to improve their basic skills. You will gain up-to-date skills needed to work in an office environment. You will learn how to use Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access.
What will I learn?
- Keyboarding and speed typing
- Word processing
- Administrative services
- Information Technology
- Telephone skills
- Desktop publishing
Employer and industry links
The College has employer links with a variety of organisations. As part of your course you may go on a trip to visit an organisation and/or guest speakers may be brought in.
Jobs and further study
- NQ Administration/ Business/ Finance/ IT Level 5 at Cardonald, Langside or Anniesland Campus
- NC Medical Administration – Anniesland or Langside Campus
- If you wish to progress, you should gain a high grade in your internal exam and pass all units, as well as having an excellent academic reference and attendance
- This course will prepare you for administration work in an office environment across a very wide range of industries.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Two National 4 level units or equivalent
- Applications are invited from those without formal qualifications, but have relevant work/life experience
- An interview will be part of the selection process
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application (remember to check your SPAM folder if you do not hear from us) and will be in contact as per the following stages:
Interview and entry skills assessment. This will consist of some basic numeracy and a short piece of writing about why you wish to do this course.
The process will consist of an information session, a skills assessment and a one-to-one interview. You must bring any qualifications with you.
Interviews will take place between February and August depending on availability of places. The earlier you apply the more likely you are to secure a place.
At interview, discussion will take place to ensure you have applied for the correct level of course therefore it is vital you bring any qualifications you have with you
Outcomes will be sent by email within 10 working days of the interview.
If you live some distance away and would prefer a telephone interview, please let us know on application.
Once an offer is received you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information, for example Student Funding, Joining Instructions and Induction Date.