NQ Gateway to Early Years and Social Care
Are skills and qualification gaps stopping you achieving your career ambitions?
Gateway to Early Years and Social Care is a short full-time course that focuses on achieving SCQF Level 4 qualifications in English and Care Sector subjects while preparing for a vocational area of choice.
What will I learn?
- SCQF Level 4: English qualification
- SCQF Level 4: Care sector qualifications
- Meta-skills for work and study
- SQA Level 4: Understanding industry
- Future-proofing for industry
- SQA Level 4 Personal development: Self and work
- Preparing for success and further study
Entry requirements (minimum)
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. You will have an interview as part of the selection process which will concentrate on:
- Readiness to study towards SCQF Level 4 qualifications
- Core skills profiling
Employer and industry links
You will complete work placements and develop your knowledge of career paths and employment opportunities.
Jobs and further study
If you successfully complete this course, you are guaranteed an interview for progression onto a Level 5 Care course in your preferred vocational area at Glasgow Clyde College.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply, you will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
- Selection will be by meeting minimum entry requirements, attending an information session followed by an interview and assessment of qualifications plus evidence of residency.
- The process will consist of an information session, interview and if required a skills test. Proof of qualifications and residency must be supplied before an offer can be made.
- Interviews will take place within 4 weeks of applying.
- You will be informed of the outcome of the interview within 10 working days. You will be contacted by email unless you have informed the interviewer of another method you would like to be contacted by.
- Once an offer is received, you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
- If a place is unavailable at your campus of first choice, you may be offered a place at one of our other campuses and you must respond to this within the timescale above.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information on student funding, joining instructions and induction date.