Additional Support for Learning: Work Ready Programme
If you have a learning disability and are looking to re-engage with work or volunteering, this course could be for you.
Running 2 days per week from August to January, this course will help you refresh your employability skills and feel confident about returning to the workplace.
What will I learn?
The course will also help you to recognise your skills, qualities and interests, so you can be “work ready” by the end of the programme.
The Work Ready Programme will focus on supporting you to improve your skills and build your confidence to help prepare you to return to work or volunteering. On accepting a place, you will participate in different activities to help you to set up a Vocational Profile, which will be used to help you apply for suitable work. We will focus on refreshing your skills and building your confidence through working on:
- Employability Skills
- Working with Others
- Personal Development
- Planning my future.
You will develop a personal learning and support plan to help set goals to fulfil your needs and ambitions.
You will receive practical help during the programme to help you decide what you would like to do in the future.
Employer and industry links
- During your time on the course you will have the opportunity to apply to agencies who can offer you further support into employment.
- You will have the opportunity to visit local employers
Jobs and further study
- The course will prepare you for employment and give you a better chance of getting work or volunteering opportunities
Entry requirements (minimum)
- You will have a keen interest in re-engaging with work/volunteering
- You can work to SCQF National 3 level
- You can commit to attending college 2 days per week
- Successful informal interview
You will have the ability to engage and participate at the level required for this course (as evidenced at the selection event).
How to apply
To apply for this course, please complete an application form from the link below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to:
Glasgow Clyde College
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application.
If you meet the entry criteria, you will be invited to attend an informal interview.
Informal interviews will take place in November and December.
You be informed by post of the outcome of your selection event within fifteen working days.
Once an offer is received you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further details, such joining instruction and induction date.
You will also be invited to attend an induction event, which will take place in