- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date & time
- Various start dates
- Qualification Type
- Units only
- Course Type
- 20 Weeks
New course dates coming soon
This soft furnishings course gives you the sewing skills required to produce your own soft furnishings for the home and help you develop the skills required to set up your own business.
What will I learn?
- planning and design several personal projects
- considering colour palettes and pattern
- measure, estimate and fit for soft furnishings
- machine and hand sewing skills, such as zips and piping
- the art of window dressing
- construction of cushions, blinds, curtains and bedding.
On completion of this course, you’ll achieve SQA National units in:
- Soft Furnishing: Window Dressing (1 credit at SCQF level 6)
- Machine and Hand Sewing for Soft Furnishings (1/2 credit at SCQF level 6)
- Materials for Soft Furnishings (1/2 credit at SCQF level 6)
Class Tutor - Karen McFarlane
Jobs and further study
If you enjoy this course, you could consider expanding your knowledge with other evening courses in garment construction and textiles. It's also possible to progress onto full-time NC/HND Fashion Technology/Design programmes (subject to a selection process).
Entry requirements (minimum)
This course has no formal entry requirements, however some sewing experience would be beneficial. Our basic sewing course provides a good introduction.