- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date & time
- 20 Sep 2022 @ 6 - 8.45pm
- Qualification Type
- Units only
- Course Type
- 12 weeks
This 12 week Introduction to Printed Textile course is ideal for those with an interest in printed textile design. It will allow beginners with little or no experience to try out a variety of techniques.
You will research and develop a theme, creating colour palette, experiment with mark making, block-printing, screen printing and Adobe Photoshop to create a collection of printed surface designs.
What will I learn?
On your 12 week course you will:
- explore colour, texture, and pattern
- develop a range of print designs for interiors or fashion
- gather images and inspiration to inform your design process, as well as working with colour palettes to develop an awareness of complementary colours
- experiment with a variety of techniques including mark-making, block printing, screen printing and Photoshop
- you will bring your ideas to life on paper and fabric.
On completion of your course, you will achieve SQA 1 Credit Unit: Surface Decoration: An Introduction.
Your course will be taught by Rosie Gibson who has over a decade of experience in the industry working across fashion and textiles. Rosie's career highlights include collections for Jenny Packham, Jasper Conran and Asos, designing embroidery and embellishment for evening wear, bridal and home wear. Rosie currently teaches within the School of Fashion and Textiles.
Note: The course fee of £260 includes £30 materials costs
Entry requirements (minimum)
No formal requirements, just enthusiasm and an interest in Textiles.
Jobs and further study
HNC/HND Fashion Textiles
Foundation in Fashion and Textiles | Glasgow Clyde College
HND/BA Textiles (Specialising in Weave and Print) | Glasgow Clyde College