How to Develop Printed Textile Products
- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date & time
- 19 Sep 2023 @ 6pm to 8:45pm (Tuesday)
- Qualification Type
- Units only
- Course Type
- 6 weeks
This How to Develop Printed Textile Products course is ideal for those with an interest in printed textile design. It will allow beginners with little or no experience to try out a variety of techniques.
You will research and develop a theme, create a colour palette, experiment with mark-making, block-printing, screen printing and Adobe Photoshop to create a collection of printed surface designs.
What will I learn?
During this textile printing course, you will:
- Explore colour, texture, and pattern
- Develop a range of print designs for interiors or fashion
- Gather images and inspiration to inform your design process, as well as work with colour palettes to develop an awareness of complementary colours
- Experiment with a variety of techniques including mark-making, block printing, screen printing and Photoshop
- You will bring your ideas to life on paper and fabric.
Your course will be taught by Rosie Gibson who has over a decade of experience in the industry working across fashion and textiles. Rosie's career highlights include collections for Jenny Packham, Jasper Conran and Asos, designing embroidery and embellishment for evening wear, bridal and home wear. Rosie currently teaches within the School of Fashion and Textiles.
Note: The course fee of £180 includes £40 materials costs
Entry requirements (minimum)
No formal requirements, just enthusiasm and an interest in Textiles.