- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 23 Aug 2021
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year (August to June)
NQ Spa Therapist with Complementary Therapies (Level 6 and 7) is designed for those who wish to pursue a career as a complementary therapist.
This bespoke course not only covers the complementary therapies desired by industry and clients alike but also benefits from extensive industry links.
As part of the course, you will undertake a work placement which will give you practice, confidence and expertise whilst preparing you for the world of work.
What will I learn?
- Body structures (SCQF Level 6)
- Body massage (SCQF Level 6)
- Facial treatment packages (SCQF Level 6)
- Traditional head massage (SCQF Level 6)
- Aromatherapy (SCQF Level 7)
- Reflexology (SCQF Level 7)
- Hot stone massage (College Certificate)
- Balinese massage (College Certificate)
- Ear candling (College Certificate)
- Spa work placement
Please note that due to the impact of COVID-19, this course will be delivered via a blended learning approach - which may include limited face-to-face learning on campus combined with remote learning off-campus and digital learning approaches. If and when delivery is taking place on-campus, there will be reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place. If you require any support in learning digitally please inform the Course Leader or Student Support team.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Four National 5 qualifications at Grade C or above preferably English and a Science subject
- Other equivalent qualifications or experience.
- If you don't have formal qualifications but have relevant life and/or work experience, your application will still be considered.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Jobs and further study
- Successful candidates may find employment in the health care sector such as clinics or hospices
- Become self-employed
- NQ Clinical Practice
- HNC and HND in Complementary Therapies at City of Glasgow College
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
Recruitment for this course is in two stages:
Stage 1: Information Session
You will be invited to an Information Session. This session may last up to two hours.
At the information session you will be given:
- course content
- group interview.
You must bring:
- one suitable reference
- proof of qualifications held or pending (for example, if you are still studying at school).
It is essential that you bring these items, in order to move on to next stage.
If you are successful, you will be offered:
- a conditional place (if you are awaiting school qualifications), or
- an unconditional place
Once an offer is received, you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
If a place is unavailable at your campus of first choice, you may be offered a place at one of our other campuses and you must respond to this within the timescale above.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information, for example student funding, joining instructions, and induction date.