NQ Complementary Therapies (Level 6)
- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 24 Aug 2020
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year (August to June)
Applications to this course are now closed.
If you have an interest in complementary therapies, this course will provide you with a basic understanding and knowledge of the subject.
This qualification will allow you to apply to become insured in preparation for the world of work or starting your business.
What will I learn?
You will gain individual units accredited by the SQA at a L6 and a range of college certificates accredited by the Association of Beauty Therapy (ABT).
- Body Massage (SQA Level 6)
- Facial Massage (SQA Level 6)
- Anatomy and Physiology (SQA Level 6)
- Neck, Scalp and Shoulder Massage (ABT College Certificate)
- Healthy Eating and Wellbeing (ABT College Certificate)
- Basic Aromatherapy with Blended Oils (ABT College Certificate)
- Thai Foot Massage (ABT College Certificate)
- Reiki 1 (College Certificate)
Jobs and further study
- Spa industry
- Healthcare setting
- Beauty and complementary therapy industry
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Four National 5 qualifications at Grade C or above preferably English and a Science subject
- Other equivalent qualifications or experience.
If you don't have formal qualifications but have relevant life and/or work experience, your application will still be considered.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply, you will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application.
Recruitment for this course is in two stages:
Stage 1: you will be invited to an information session. This session may last up to two hours.
At this stage you will be given:
- course content
- Group Interview
You must bring:
- one suitable reference
- proof of qualifications held or pending (for example, if still studying at school.)
It is essential that you bring these items in order to move on to next stage.
Successful applicants will be offered:
- a conditional place (if awaiting school qualifications) or
- an unconditional place
Once an offer is received, you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information e.g. student funding, joining instructions and induction date.