- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date & time
- 5 Sep 2023 @ 6 - 9pm (Tuesday evenings)
- Qualification Type
- Units only
- Course Type
- 12 weeks
Gents Clipper Cutting Techniques will equip you with the skills required to perform men's hair cutting and finishing.
Joining us on the teaching team will be William Patterson, who worked for Vidal Sassoon as both as a stylist and as an educator at the Sassoon London Academy. William will sharing his wealth of knowledge, expertise and skills behind the art of hair cutting before moving onto clipper techniques.
What will I learn?
- how to identify hair characteristics: hair growth patterns, texture, hair type and density and how they influence hair cutting
- how to select appropriate cutting techniques: club cutting, blending tapering, fading
- how to use different types of clippers, tools and attachments
- how to create a finished look: sideburns and neckline shape
- about relevant legislation and the implications on working practice.
As the course is certified by the SQA, you have to pass a written and practical assessment to gain the qualification.
On successful completion of this course, you will gain one SQA unit at SCQF Level 5 in Gents Clipper Cutting Techniques.
Please note: Clippers are not included. You will have clippers available for use on campus throughout the course but are welcome to bring your own if you prefer.
Please note that you must be 16 or over to enrol on this course.
Entry requirements (minimum)
If English is not your first language, you should possess an Intermediate ESOL qualification.
You will be required to bring your certificate to the first day of the course. Failure to bring proof will result in loss of fees paid.
You are required to provide models during this course for practice and assessment purposes. Models must be aged 16 or over.
Entry requirement equivalency table
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.