- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 26 Aug 2019
- Qualification Type
- Other non-advanced qual
- Course Type
- 1 Year (August to June)
Applications for this course are now full. Applications for August 2020 open in January.
This NQ Spa Therapist with Complementary Therapies course is designed to help you if you are considering a career as a complementary therapist.
What will I learn?
- Body Structures (SCQF Level 6)
- Body Massage (SCQF Level 6)
- Facial Treatment Packages (SCQF Level 6)
- Indian Head Massage (SCQF Level 6)
- Balinese Massage (SCQF Level 6)
- Aromatherapy (SCQF Level 7)
- Reflexology (SCQF Level 7)
- Hot Stone Massage (College Certificate)
- Bamboo Massage (College Certificate)
- Spa Work Placement
Employer and industry links
- Spa industry
- Healthcare setting
- Beauty and complementary therapy industry
Jobs and further study
- Diploma in Stress Management
- VTCT courses
- NC Wellness Therapy or access to other further or higher education courses.
Therapists can work in a variety of settings including private practice, health clubs, hospitals, hospices, health clinics, GP surgeries, as mobile therapists and in workplaces.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- You must be 16 years or over before course start date
- Level 2 Diploma in Complementary Therapies
- NC Complementary Therapies
- NC Beauty Therapy
- Three standard grades at Level 4 and above (including English)
- Three intermediate 1s at grade C and above (including English)
- Three national 4s (including English)
If you don't have formal qualifications but have relevant life and/or work experience, your application will still be considered.
If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
Recruitment for this course is in two stages:
Stage 1: Information Session
You will be invited to an Information Session. This session may last up to two hours.
At the information session you will be given:
- course content
- requirements for a written test and interview
- a department tour
You must bring:
- one suitable reference
- photocopied proof of qualifications held or pending (for example, if you are still studying at school).
It is essential that you bring these items, in order to move on to next stage.
Stage 2: Written test and Interview
Stage 2 consists of an interview and a written test. This session may last up to three hours.
You must successfully achieve your written test and interview to be offered a place.
If you are successful, you will be offered:
- a conditional place (if you are awaiting school qualifications), or
- an unconditional place
Once an offer is received, you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
If a place is unavailable at your campus of first choice, you may be offered a place at one of our other campuses and you must respond to this within the timescale above.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information, for example student funding, joining instructions, and induction date.