PDA Plus Childhood Practice (Level 9)
- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 26 Aug 2019
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 2 Years (August to June)
This course is designed for learners who are working as a leader or manager of a childcare or playwork setting, with children and young people. This qualification meets the Benchmark Standards for Childhood Practice and registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) as a Lead Practitioner or Manager.
What will I learn?
The complete PDA Childhood Practice: Leadership and Management is worth 360 SCQF credits at level 7, 8 and 9 and is an alternative route to the degree level Childhood Practice award.
For up to date information on the fees and costs for this course, please use the Course Enquiry button or Course Contact.
You may be eligible to apply for a part-time fee grant from Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS) for the courses at SCQF Level 7, 8 and 9. For more information, contact SAAS.
- Developing Services for Children and Young People
- Participatory Partnerships: Working with Families
- Children’s Rights: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Childhood Practice: Leadership and Management and workplace practice
- Plus three mandatory optional units from the following areas:
- Developing a Rights Based Approach to Service Delivery
- Development of Children (Pre-birth to Three
- Early Learning
- Family Support
- Active Leisure
- Leading Professional Development.
This is a part-time evening course.
Jobs and further study
- may provide evidence or underpinning of knowledge for further leadership and management qualifications
- this qualification will allow you to work as a Leader or Manager and meet the requirements of the Benchmark Standards for Childhood Practice and registration with the SSSC as Lead Practitioner/Manager.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- entry to the PDA in Childhood Practice at SCQF level 9 is through Recognition of Prior Learning and Experience (RPLE)
- you should already have qualifications in the sector that allow registration by the SSSC as a Practitioner at SCQF level 7 and have relevant qualifications at SCQF level 8.
- To undertake this PDA you must meet the entry requirements of 240 credits at SCQF Levels 7 and 8.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.