- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 19 Aug 2019
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- Short Full-Time
- August to January
Applications for this course are now closed.
This Introduction to Further Education course is designed for you if you between the age of 19 - 30, have no formal qualifications and wish to come back into education to study at SCQF level 4 (Intermediate 1/National 4).
What will I learn?
The main qualifications delivered on this programme are National 4 English and Mathematics along with a range of Level 4 units designed to help build your confidence and support you to progress to the next stage of your learning.
Other subjects you will study include:
- Enterprise and employability
- Personal development
- The chance to experience other subjects within the College
Employer and industry links
The programme offers opportunities to complete work placements and guarantees progression onto Level 5 vocational programmes within Glasgow Clyde College on successful completion of the course.
Jobs and further study
NC/NQ vocational courses.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- No formal entry requirements but a mature attitude to learning and a genuine desire and ability to progress will be beneficial
- Applications are also invited from those without formal qualifications but who have relevant life and/or work experience
- You must demonstrate that you are capable of studying at National 4 level
- As part of the interview process you will complete core skills profiling to ascertain Maths and English levels.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
If selected for interview you will be asked to attend an information session followed by an one-to-one interview with a member of staff from the Employability courses team.
You will then be asked to complete core skills profiling to assess your current working levels in English and Maths.
You will have an opportunity to ask questions about the course.
You will be informed of the outcome of your interview by email or letter if you have applied using a support service email address within 2 weeks of your interview.
You will either receive;
- An unconditional place: You have met all the entry requirements and your place is guaranteed
- Unsuccessful: You are either not ready for college or the course is not suitable. In this instance we will contact you to discuss alternative options which may be available to you.
If a place is unavailable at your first choice of campus, you may be offered a place at one of our other campuses and you must respond to this alternative offer within the timescale mentioned above.
Once an offer is received you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information e.g. Student Funding, Joining Instructions, Kit list, Induction Date.