Eco Flower Arranging
- Cardonald Campus
- Start Date & time
- 22 Apr 2021 @ Thursday, 19:00 - 21:00 (22/04-10/06)
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 8 weeks (1 eve per week)
Our aim is to inspire you to look around your local area and your home for additions to your floral designs by encouraging you to forage for natural foliage, moss, twigs and berries to create the interesting designs.
Additionally using items in the home to up-cycle by using them for another purpose, reducing waste and creating stunning economical designs.
What will I learn?
You'll learn how to:
- create a range of floral arrangements for home decoration
- create a range of designs incorporating materials found in the local area including stones pebbles, twigs, glass jars
- create a range of hand tied designs using the spiralling technique.
Each week brings a new design, to include:
- a collection of vintage style jam jar designs decorated with a complementary ribbon bow or band
- bottle decorating with a floral arrangement to be presented as a gift at a dinner party
- arrangement on a log slice; natural and meandering
- long and low arrangement for a trestle table lengthened with extra twigs
- vegetative style of arrangement using seasonal flowers mimicking how the flowers would grow in their natural habitat
- all round handtied with a foliage or filler flower collar
- planted design with a pot e fleur arrangement
- limited asymmetrical style arrangement with pebbles, hiding the mechanics.