BPEC Installation and Maintenance of Solar Thermal Hot Water Systems
- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date & time
- Various start dates
- Qualification Type
- Other non-advanced qual
- Course Type
- 4 days - Tuesday 24 May, Wednesday 25 May, Tuesday 31 May, Wednesday 01 June.
New course dates coming soon! Check back here
The Installation and Maintenance of Solar Thermal Hot Water Systems course at Glasgow Clyde College is a part time commercial course ideal for those in the plumbing and heating industry who wish to learn about the correct installation of solar based equipment for heating purposes.
With increasing targets to cut carbon emissions and the introduction of the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) consumer demand for this renewable energy source is increasing. The course is a nationally recognised course and meets the training entry requirements for the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS).
What will I learn?
Delegates will develop the skills and knowledge required to install 'active' solar thermal hot water systems within the Building Services Engineering (BSE) renewable sector by means of practical and theoretical assessments covering:
- Service and maintenance
There are various funding options you or your company may be eligible for - specific criteria applies:
- Individual Training Account (via Skills Development Scotland)
- Enhanced Learning Credits (ex and current Armed Services Personnel)
- Flexible Workforce Development Funding (FWDF) (businesses)
This part time commercial training course does not meet the criteria for SAAS funding or Fee Waivers
The College has a student funding department for further funding / financial advice and support while making enquires and for the duration of the training course - firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Water Regulations/Bylaws
- Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems
- SVQ 2/3 in one of the following:
- Plumbing or equivalent;
- Heating and Ventilating (Domestic Installation) or;
- Heating and Ventilating (Industrial and Commercial Installation) or;
- Oil-Fired Technical Services or;
- Gas Installation and Maintenance
Demonstrable evidence of at least 3 years relevant experience is accepted in lieu of certification
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.