- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 26 Aug 2019
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year (August to June)
Applications for this course are now closed. Applications for August 2020 open in January.
Unique in the sector, you will gain real-time workplace experience in the industry following your first 12 weeks of training. This NC Beauty Care and Make-up provides an excellent grounding in the field of beauty therapy, allowing you to develop skills required to progress to further study or obtain employment within the industry.
What will I learn?
- Facial Techniques
- Facial Treatment Packages
- Artificial Nails
- Manicure and Pedicure
- Lash and Brow Tints
- Full Body Massage (Swedish)
- Current, Creative Make-up Trends
- Commercial Experience.
Employer and industry links
You will be offered training events with skincare and make-up brands such as Thalgo face and body skin care and Jane Iredale.
Within the commercial experience unit, there are opportunities to work within the Beauty with a Conscience shop on Battlefield Road, adjacent to the Langside Campus.
Jobs and further study
- You may progress to study HND Beauty Therapy
- Employment within the beauty therapy industry, spas and cruise ships.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- You must be 16 years or over before course start date
- Three Standard Grades at Level 3 and above (including English)
- Three Intermediate 2s at Grade C and above (including English)
- Three National 5s at Grade C and above (including English)
- NPA Cosmetology (Beauty/Make-up route)
- NC Beauty Care and Make up (SCQF Level 5)
- SVQ Level 1 Beauty Therapy (with English at National 5)
- VTCT Level 2 Complementary Therapies
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application.
Recruitment for this course is in two stages:
Stage 1: You will be invited to an information session. This session may last up to two hours.
At this stage, you will be given:
- course content
- interview/written test requirements
- a department tour
- you will be given paperwork to request Additional Learning Support if required, for example a scribe for written test.
You must bring:
- photocopied proof of qualifications held or pending (for example if you are still at school)
You must bring these items in order to move on to next stage.
Stage 2: You will be invited to:
- A written test
- An interview
- An application of strong coloured polish practical test
This session may last up to three hours.
You will need to achieve the minimum test score and be successful at interview to be offered a place.
If you're successful you will be offered:
- a conditional place (if awaiting school qualifications) or
- an unconditional place
You will need to respond to your offer quickly to secure a place.
Once an offer is received, you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information e.g. student funding, joining instructions, induction date.