- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 23 Aug 2021
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year (August to June)
Applications for this course are now closed.
NQ Beauty Care and Make-up (Level 6) provides an excellent grounding in the field of beauty therapy, allowing you to develop skills required to progress to further study or obtain employment within the industry.
Unique in the sector, you will gain real-time workplace experience in the industry following your first 12 weeks of training.
What will I learn?
- Facial techniques
- Facial treatment packages
- Artificial nails
- Manicure and pedicure
- Lash and brow tints
- Full body massage (Swedish)
- Current, creative make-up trends
- Commercial experience
Please note that due to the impact of COVID-19, this course will be delivered via a blended learning approach - which may include limited face-to-face learning on campus combined with remote learning off-campus and digital learning approaches. If and when delivery is taking place on-campus, there will be reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place. If you require any support in learning digitally please inform the Course Leader or Student Support team.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- You must be 16 years or over before course start date
- Three Intermediate 2s at Grade C and above (including English) OR
- Three National 5s at Grade C and above (including English) OR
- NPA Cosmetology (Beauty/Make-up route) OR
- NC Beauty Care and Make-up (Level 5) OR
- SVQ Level 1 Beauty Therapy (with English at National 5) OR
- VTCT Level 2 Complementary Therapies
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Employer and industry links
You will be offered training workshops with skincare and make-up brands such as Thalgo professional face and body skin care, Ishga organic skincare and Gerrards International.
Within the commercial experience unit, there are opportunities to work within Beauty with a Conscience on Battlefield Road, adjacent to the Langside Campus.
Jobs and further study
- You may progress to study HND Beauty Therapy
- Employment within the beauty therapy industry, spas and cruise ships
- Self-employment opportunities.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application.
Recruitment for this course is in two stages:
Stage 1: You will be invited to an information session via Microsoft Teams. This session may last up to an hour.
At this stage, you will be given:
- course content
- a virtual departmental tour
- you will be invited to request Additional Learning Support if required, for example a scribe for written test.
You must supply:
- proof of qualifications held or pending (for example if you are still at school)
You must supply these items in order to move on to next stage. These should be emailed to email@example.com
Stage 2: You will be invited to:
- An interview via Microsoft Teams
This session may last up to 30 minutes.
You will need to be successful at interview stage 2 to be offered a place.
If you're successful you will be offered:
- a conditional place (if awaiting school qualifications) or
- an unconditional place
You will need to respond to your offer quickly to secure a place.
Once an offer is received, you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information e.g. student funding, joining instructions, induction date.