- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 26 Aug 2019
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year (August to June)
Applications for this course are now full. Applications for August 2020 open in January.
This course is for you if you have an interest in both Beauty and Make-up.
You will develop creative skills in the application of make-up and learn the basic skills in beauty therapy to progress to further study.
What will I learn?
- Applying Practical Skills
- Beauty: Drawing and Colouring Design Skills
- Facial Skin Care
- Day Make up and Basic Corrective Make-up
- Bridal and Evening Make-up
- Portfolio Presentation
Employer and industry links
There are opportunities to assist within drama departments to enhance make-up artistry skills as well as training events/workshops from prestigious make-up brands such as Gerrards Mii make-up.
Work experience will be undertaken within the Beauty with a Conscience shop in Battlefield Road, adjacent to the Langside Campus.
Jobs and further study
Successful completion of this course means you could move into jobs in the beauty industry, spas, cruise ships or progress onto further courses to develop your skills further.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- You must be 16 years or over before the course start date
- Three Standard Grades at Level 4 and above (including English)
- Three Intermediate 1s at Grade C and above (including English)
- Three National 4s (including English)
- NPA Cosmetology
- VTCT Level 2 or 3 Complementary Therapies.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application.
Recruitment for this course is in two stages:
You will be invited to an information session. This session may last up to two hours.
At this stage you will be given:
- course content
- interview/written test requirements
- a department tour
- paperwork to request Additional Learning Support if required, for example, a scribe for written test.
You must bring;
- photocopied proof of qualifications held or pending (for example, if you're still at school)
It is essential that you bring these items in order to move on to next stage.
Stage 2: You will be invited to:
- a written test
- an interview
- a nail art practical test
This session may last up to three hours.
You will need to achieve the minimum test score and be successful at interview in order to be offered a place.
If successful, you will be offered;
- a conditional place (if awaiting school qualifications) or
- an unconditional place
You should respond to the offer quickly to secure a place.
Once an offer is received, you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information e.g. student funding, joining instructions, induction date.