NQ Psychology with Criminology
The NQ Psychology with Criminology is designed to give you an introduction to human behaviour and mental processes as well as the many factors that influence criminal behaviour. You will also study other social science subjects and successful completion of this course would enable you to achieve an NC Social Sciences Level 6.
What will I learn?
The course includes National units in a selection of Psychology, Criminology and Social Sciences. The range of subjects offered include the following:
- Psychology (you will sit the Higher exam in this subject)
- Crime in the Community
- Crime Scenes
- Crime in Society
- Forensic Psychology
- Nature and Extent of Crime
You will have 6 classes per week and 4 of these will be on psychology and criminology.
Jobs and further study
If you successfully complete this course, you may apply for progression to HNC Social Sciences, or other HN programmes.
You may wish to continue your studies in the General Education (Highers) programme at Glasgow Clyde College.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- A minimum of four National 5 level qualifications at ‘A’ or ‘B’, with a strong preference being given to National 5 qualifications in social subjects and English
- If English is not your first language, you must be able to demonstrate English language skills equivalent to an ESOL qualification at Higher level
- A positive academic reference (academic or employment)
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.