Fast Track to Futures
This exciting new course is for motivated young people (aged 16-25) that want to gain qualifications and improve confidence.
Successful completion of the course guarantees you entry to other courses in college.
Start your future today!
What will I learn?
You will study:
- Personal Development
- Employability and careers guidance
You will undertake projects that will help you explore different industries and college course options in order to create a plan that fits your goals.
We provide one-to-one support to help you progress and meet your full potential.
Employer and industry links
You will have opportunities to develop and contribute to projects that expand your knowledge of potential career paths, local charities and organisations.
Jobs and further study
This course offers a direct route into many NC/NQ Vocational programmes within the college. The department also has excellent links with industry and key organisations that can support you to move forward in your education and career.
Entry requirements (minimum)
This course has no formal entry requirements, however, it is expected that you demonstrate your interest and commitment at interview.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
- You should complete your application form with as much detail as possible, as this information will be used to select interviewees, and then inform the interview process. Selected applicants will be invited to a group information session, followed by a one-to-one interview.
- You will be offered an interview date, and will be invited to a group information session, followed by a one-to-one interview. In some campuses, this process may be by one-to-one interview only. If you have been asked to provide a reference, you should bring this reference to the interview.
- Interviews for this course will take place in June and August.
- You will be informed of the selection decision within 10 working days of the interview. If you have been offered an ‘unconditional’ place, you must accept this within 10 days. If you have been offered a ‘conditional’ place, the letter will detail the conditions you have to meet.
- Once an offer is received you must accept within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
- If a place is unavailable at your campus of first choice, you may be offered a place at one of our other campuses and you must respond to this within the timescale above.