NQ Advanced Business - Level 6
- Anniesland Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 26 Aug 2019
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year (August to June)
Course now Full
This NQ Advanced Business course is designed to prepare you for further study at Higher National level and for jobs in business, finance, retail, marketing and customer services.
What will I learn?
- Business Management
- Financial Accounting
- Finance and Human Resources
- Business Enterprise
- Preparing for Work
- IT – Microsoft Office – Excel, Word and Access
- Personal Development Planning
- Event Organisation
- Digital technologies
*Subjects may vary
Employer and industry links
The Business School believes that strong links with industry are crucial in order to prepare you further for your chosen career. To that effect, representatives from a variety of organisations such as Young Enterprise Scotland and Bridge2Business will come into college to deliver presentations and workshops. Visits to relevant organisations such as Glengoyne Distillery and ESpark will also be arranged.
Jobs and further study
- HND Accounting - available at Langside and Anniesland campuses
- HND Administration or Business - available at all three campuses
- To progress to HND, you will need to sit a test and require an exemplary academic reference
- This course offers successful learners employment options within a range of business and non-profit organisations including the finance, retail, marketing and customer service industries.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Four National 5s or equivalent (including English and a numeracy based subject) at C or above, or
- Relevant Foundation Apprenticeship qualification.
- NQ in Business or Accounting at Level 5 along with an exemplary reference from your current college
- If you don't have formal qualifications but have relevant life and/or work experience, you application will be considered.
- An interview may be part of the selection process.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application (remeber to check your SPAM folder if you do not hear from us) and will be in contact as per the following stages:
- Interview and entry skills assessment. This will consist of some basic numeracy testing and a short piece of writing about why you wish to do this course.
- The process will consist of an information session, a skills assessment and a one-to-one interview. You should bring evidence of any qualifications with you.
- Interviews will take place between February and August depending on availability of places. The earlier you apply, the more likely you are to secure a place.
- At interview, discussion will take place to ensure you have applied for the correct level of course, therefore it is vital you bring any qualifications you have with you.
- Outcomes will be sent by email within 10 working days of the interview.
If you live some distance away and would prefer a telephone interview, please let us know on application.
Once an offer is received, you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information, for example student funding, joining instructions and induction date.