HND Web and Mobile Development
The new HND in Web and Mobile Development is the most innovative course that allows you to develop skills as a highly proficient web and mobile developer. The course is taught by expert developers and teaches the most in-demand techniques and skills for the development of mobile and web applications. You will learn how to build mobile apps and e-commerce websites and gain working knowledge of popular frameworks like Node.js, React, Express.js, MongoDB, Git and GitHub.
What will I learn?
You will undertake 30 credits over the period of the two year course and you will learn;
- UX/UI Design
- HTML5 / CSS
- Mobile App Development
- GIT and GITHub
- MySQL and MongoDB
- Build your own mobile app
- Build your own interactive website
Employer and industry links
There is high demand for web and mobile developers by a wide range of companies including big tech firms like Facebook, Google, Apple, Uber, LinkedIn, and so on. Knowledge of Node, React, MongoDB, Git and GitHub is in high demand right now and this trend is continuing to grow at a fast rate.
The College has many industrial partners and students will gain industry ready skills and hands on experience but will also be given the opportunity to test their skills against others in World Skills and network with some of the biggest firms there are through networking events, industry visits and seminars.
Jobs and further study
An HND in Web and Mobile Development allows you to progress into third year of a variety of degree programmes within The University of the West of Scotland and Glasgow Caledonian University.
You also have the potential to move on to jobs in the computing industry in roles including;
- Web and Mobile App Developer
- Front End Web Developer
- Back End Web Developer
- UX/UI Designer
- Web App Developer
Entry requirements (minimum)
- One Higher in a relevant subject and one National 5, or equivalent, from Computing, maths, English, IT or Science, OR
- A relecant NC or equivalent qualification
- We will consider your application if you have relevant experience but no formal qualifications
- A suitable employer or academic reference
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Direct entry to year two of the HND may be possible if you have a relevant HNC. Please contact the faculty directly via the email address below.
Please note: applicants who meet the entry criteria and have a suitable reference will be accepted on the course without interview. All other applicants will be interviewed.
If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
When you apply
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your
application and we will be in contact as per the following stages:
- Selection will be by interview (where required), references and qualifications
- References should be supplied before interviews take place where possible
- Proof of qualifications must be supplied before an offer can be made
- Decisions will be made by staff within 10 days of receiving references.
Please note: some applicants will be invited to attend an interview and those who meet the entry criteria and provide a suitable reference may not require an interview.
Once an offer is received, you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information such as induction date and student funding information.