- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 23 Jan 2023
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- Short Full-Time
- 18 weeks January to June
Have you always wanted to know how to create a fashion magazine, plan a fashion show or how to turn your social media skills into an exciting career? This course offers you the opportunity to explore the communication of fashion through images, experiences, digital skills, and writing.
How to Become a Fashion Influencer (usually Access to HND Fashion Communications) is a creative course designed to develop the knowledge and skills required for entry to our HND Fashion Communications course, or our Fashion and Textiles courses.
What will I learn?
The course will introduce you to all aspects of fashion communication in the media.
Throughout the course you will build your communication skills and develop an understanding of the different career opportunities available through studying a creative course.
- Fashion styling
- Fashion illustration
- Fashion forecasting and research
- Communications skills
- Digital skills - Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Writing Skills
Watch our 2021/2022 fashion show Altered Atelier.
Hear from Scott as he shares his experience of taking a January course.
Entry requirements (minimum)
No formal entry requirements but you should provide a detailed personal statement in the application form which explains why you wish to pursue a programme of study relating to fashion communications.
It should include any previous experience in this field and demonstrate an interest in the subject matter.
Employer and industry links
Within the School of Fashion and Textiles we engage extensively with industry to ensure that the skills taught are relevant and essential to a career within the creative industries
Jobs and further study
Students who show an aptitude and display advanced skills on the course will be encouraged to apply for progression to HND Fashion Communications at Glasgow Clyde College starting in August:
If a student needs more time to develop their skills, they would be encouraged to progress to the Foundation in Fashion and Textiles course to develop skills at a higher level.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
- No interviews will take place, but all applicants will get an offer of a place subject to a suitable application and personal statement containing why you are suitable for the course.
- You will be required to view the course presentation in the link below in advance of accepting the offer of a place to ensure that the course content is suitable for you: Access to HND Fashion Communications - YouTube
- Once an offer is received you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
- Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information e.g. Student Funding, Joining Instructions, materials, Induction date and timetable.