This introduction to Aromatherapy course at Glasgow Clyde College provides an opportunity for students to gain essential underpinning knowledge and the practical application of basic massage techniques and aromatherapy essential oils.
What will I learn?
In this aromatherapy course, the tutor will demonstrate each movement and students will learn:
- Basic massage techniques
- Back, neck, shoulder, back and front of leg massage
- Using base/carrier oils
- Using aromatherapy essential oils
- Benefits and effects
- Aftercare advice
Before attending the class to maximise the practical application of massage, please:
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move freely with trainers or flat shoes.
- Remove all jewellery except a wedding band
- Ensure fingernails are short and clean
Please bring a large bath towel, a hand towel and bottled water to every class.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- ESOL Intermediate 2 (minimum)